Long Short Stories by Chetan Soni - Book Review


Book: Long Short Stories

Author: Chetan Soni

Publisher: Half Baked Beans

Genre: Short Stories

My Rating: 3.6 / 5 Stars


"Sometimes, just sometimes, you need that phone call, which restores belief in your logic and tells you that somebody cares."


Review:

As I advance in my literary trip, I notice that I love short stories; not that I dislike others, it's just that short stories are full of punch; they say so much succinctly. I can't help but seek more of short story related books actually, that's how I discovered 'Long Short Stories' by Chetan Soni. I feel good having come across this one since it was such a light and fast-paced read. It's a fabulous book with riveting narratives.

This book has Five Short Stories, all of them revolving around the present-day terminology/language of romance. Each story has a cliffhanger, where you can't help but feel like, "Oh! What happens next?" In that way, it stands true to the blurb that not all stories need to end. This is the author's debut attempt at writing short stories, and he's done an admirable job. His ironic narration really stands out.

All five stories are told from the male's perspective as to how they perceive the relationship. Be it anger, ego, hurt, patience, love, hatred, infidelity, and guilt. Each and every emotion is aptly portrayed. The stories are nicely woven. Of all the stories, I liked 'What's in a name' the most. It shows how a person's past can have an effect on the future. I also like the wise man who shared some genuinely excellent quotes.

I felt the cover could have been a little better. The grammatical errors can be undoubtedly taken care of in the next edition. I would like to recommend this book to everyone as the stories are quite fun to read. It's intriguing when the author hints that it could be 'based on true events.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathtaking by Courtney Turcotte Bond - Book Review

Thunder On The Moor (#1) by Andrea Matthews - Love Book Tours - Book Review

Before He Kills (A Mackenzie White Mystery - Book 1) - Book Review