Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi - Book Review


"You will need to be mature and pragmatic. You must use your heart to decide the destination, but use your head to plot the journey."

Book: Sita - Warrior of Mithila (Ram Chandra #2)

Author: Amish Tripathi

Publisher: Westland Press

Format: Physical Book

Genre: Mythology

My Rating: 3.9 / 5 🌟


My Review:

Do you expect the terms like India, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, etc., to be used by mythological figures in their conversation? The point that those stories occurred some 7000 years ago, I question how Amish could perform such implications in a casual dialogue among the actors. I would have agreed if he presented it as a hint for the readers to co-relate the sites, one of those times to that of today, but it wasn't, and it got me unhappy.

Growing up, I am convinced all Indians remember Sita's tale either by seeing or hearing Ramayana on television or from our parents. Amish's take on Sita provides a more practical take on how human she was and like one of us. To decipher their travels clearly, I wish the author had introduced a map. Overall, an okayish read. I especially had higher expectations from Amish after the Shiva Triology.

"Many people are not wise enough to count life’s blessings. They keep focusing instead on what the world has denied them."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathtaking by Courtney Turcotte Bond - Book Review

Thunder On The Moor (#1) by Andrea Matthews - Love Book Tours - Book Review

Before He Kills (A Mackenzie White Mystery - Book 1) - Book Review