With The Fire On High by Elizabeth Acevedo - Book Review


Book: With The Fire On High

Author: Elizabeth Acevedo

Publisher: Harper-Collins Publishers

Format: PDF

My Rating: 4.2 / 5 ⭐


My Review:

🍳If there's any book that's piqued my curiosity in food, it has to be this one. I have never shown such interest to enter in my kitchen & try out different meal blends. The writer has projected the whole novel in such an elegant way that it also forces its readers to make a leap of faith in their own courses. I have fallen in love with this book & definitely gonna bring it up shortly for a re-read.


🍳This book has a classic combination of all sentiments & makes the readers really feel them. The literature & conversations are so vivid, it makes the complete narrative quite convincing. It's my first novel of Elizabeth & I am especially looking ahead to reading her other works. The author has wonderfully portrayed a teenage mother's predicament amid building her profession & raising her daughter.


🍳'I've had a lot of things to feel ashamed about, and I've learned most of them are other people's problems, not mine.'


🍳Because I enjoyed this book so much, I would want to try the audiobook variant as well. Though I couldn't complete this novel in one session, it's like a perfect rainy day, homey beside a hot cup of cocoa kind of read. I had fun reading this one (yes, I wept as well in some portions :D). Adore the book's cover & the protagonist. I would suggest this book to everyone, a definite must-read!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breathtaking by Courtney Turcotte Bond - Book Review

Thunder On The Moor (#1) by Andrea Matthews - Love Book Tours - Book Review

Her Wolves (Fall Mountain Shifters, #1) by G. Bailey - Love Book Tours - Book Review