Orange City (Book #1) by Lee Matthew Goldberg - Book Review


Book: Orange City (Book #1)
Author: Lee Mathew Goldberg
Publisher: Atmosphere Press
Genre: Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction
Format: NetGalley
My Rating: 4.2 / 5 ⭐

My Review:
Frankly put, this work is as addictive as a bottle of soda! I bet everyone's gonna crave more (of the writing & the soda) as this is only the first installment of the series! An excellent cover picture, aptly depicting the plot & the basic idea, is so eye-catchy. One glance at the blurb & you get this dystopian touch. Any further reasons required to start the unusual plot-driven novel?!

Like the orange soda that leaves a tingling sensation on one's palate, this dystopian futuristic story has that precise identical feel once finished reading it. I loved the author's work amidst various colors to explain the varying moods in different situations. Ain't it valid in our present world as well; we use diverse hues in our everyday activities to emulate our emotions.

The narrative was developed very strongly up to the climax & suddenly, the actual finale saddened me a bit. I presumed a lot more to befall, but it got cut off rather abruptly. Still, I relished the author's novel-writing technique & the captivating storyline, which will have the readers' nose immersed into this book. Lee's works are invariably a joy to read & I am so happy I could get an opportunity to read this one.

I got an ARC of this book thanks to NetGalley, Author Lee Matthew Goldberg & Publishers Atmosphere Press.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathtaking by Courtney Turcotte Bond - Book Review

Thunder On The Moor (#1) by Andrea Matthews - Love Book Tours - Book Review

Before He Kills (A Mackenzie White Mystery - Book 1) - Book Review