Shepherd's Warning (The Elder's, #1) by Cailyn Lloyd - Book Review


Book: Shepherd's Warning (The Elder's, #1)
Author: Cailyn Lloyd
Genre: Horror
Format: BookSirens
Pages: 432
My Rating: 4.1 / 5 ⭐

My Review:
Do you believe in apparitions or demons or life after death? Have you ever envisioned yourself held in such a state? What would your response be? I especially prefer novels based on sorcerers or spirits & I am happy I got accepted for an ARC of this novel. The book's cover got me interested, plus the blurb blew my mind off. I never thought I could get caught in a story where I continue pondering even when I have completed it.

The writing is a wee bit overpowering in the first few episodes, as the writer has attempted to put in all the data at one go. With that hiccup & later glancing at the book's length, I doubted myself if I did the best job choosing the book. So I resolved to regroup my attention & jot stuff down to retain everything. That certainly bettered ordering the novel later on with the whole family tree jumping up in all chapters.

A haunted dwelling, few freaking telepathic personalities, some non-believers & you get the classic horror novel. To feel the account, I used to read this one in the night's blackness, without any kind of light nearby, in the bed disappearing behind the blankets & I should say I totally relished the entire reading process. It's an absolute must-read for all horror freaks. You are gonna chew your nails off, guaranteed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathtaking by Courtney Turcotte Bond - Book Review

Thunder On The Moor (#1) by Andrea Matthews - Love Book Tours - Book Review

Before He Kills (A Mackenzie White Mystery - Book 1) - Book Review