Small Cures by Della Hicks-Wilson - Audiobook Review


Audiobook: Small Cures
Author: Della Hicks-Wilson
Format: NetGalley
Genre: Poetry
My Rating: 4.6 / 5 ⭐

Review:
Do you relish reciting poetry? If your response is yes, have you always thought about how the creation must have appeared while the author had written it? Or what it must be like when the artist reads it? Did you want to hear a poem than just studying it? When I got introduced to them, I yearned to listen to the originator's voice, reciting it at least once. When I understood that I could, joy knew no bounds.

Drafting a review for a poetry audiobook is really a bit hard for me as I have never achieved it earlier, but I am fully savoring the process. I liked that the artist took pains to actually provide a voice to her creations & not done by some different person. For me, it took it to a totally another level. Her voice is super soft-spoken & completely calms the audience.

Even though I savored hearing the poem, I wanted to read simultaneously with the sound (materially) & so felt a tiny bit misplaced. I think it can be fully appreciated if you have both the original text & the audiobook. The overall idea based on self-love, self-acceptance & self-empowerment is something everyone lacks in today's time. The full audiobook needs only an hour & therefore, it can be listened to on any occasion.

Bless you, NetGalley & Author Della Hick-Wilson, for the ARC of this audiobook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathtaking by Courtney Turcotte Bond - Book Review

Thunder On The Moor (#1) by Andrea Matthews - Love Book Tours - Book Review

Before He Kills (A Mackenzie White Mystery - Book 1) - Book Review