The Necklace by Matt Witten - Book Review

Book: The Necklace

Author: Matt Witten

Publisher: Oceanview Publishing

Genre: Fiction, Thriller, Suspense

Format: NetGalley, PDF

My Rating: 4 / 5 star


My Review:

Trigger Warnings: Death of a minor girl, abuse.

To begin with, I must say that this novel actually managed to overwhelm me in bits & pieces. Some transpired to be too interesting, while some didn't make much sense. The end, where all the built-up sentiments were supposed to pop, didn't actually blast for me. The peak simply arrived & left, offering no huge impression at all.

The account is packed with emotions & parents with little kids (particularly daughters) are sure to get extra moved. The protagonist's trip assuredly wasn't easy & I had tears when reading most of the touching pieces. The past-present story-narration was a great concept by the writer & it had me hooked. The novel held a great pace from the start, explaining in detail the surroundings, character's styles & all that's needed in a fiction thriller/suspense.

The book's title is quite apt, representing the crux of the tale. It is not only the lead who's on a ride in quest of truth; the author makes sure that you too are traveling beside her, cruising by all her emotions.

I want to thank NetGalley, publisher Oceanview Publishing & author Matt Witten for an e-ARC of this title in exchange for my review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathtaking by Courtney Turcotte Bond - Book Review

Thunder On The Moor (#1) by Andrea Matthews - Love Book Tours - Book Review

Before He Kills (A Mackenzie White Mystery - Book 1) - Book Review