You Never Know When You'll Get Lucky! by Priya Narendra - Book Review


Book: You Never Know When You'll Get Lucky!
Author: Priya Narendra
Publisher: FingerPrint (Imprint of Prakash Books India Pvt. Ltd.)
Format: Paperback
No. of Pages: 231
Genre: Women's Fiction, Chick Lit
My Rating: 3.5 / 5 ⭐

My Review:
I had purchased this book a very long time ago (I think it was during my university holidays) & I remember consuming it in one go. I used to be mad about those cheeky passionate novels where the guy pursues the lady erratically & the girl shies away but eventually, both fall in love & do absurd things to be together. In brief, all's well that ends well! Now when I re-read it, I wonder, how in the world could I ever fall for such sassy romances.

I must say, this is a riveting tale. A quintessential Bollywood form, Indian show where you don't actually have to stress much on the account & feel it to be a breezy read. Priya's story-telling technique is ostentatious; she uses all her realistic accounts of her surroundings & tosses them at her readers, who can link to it directly from the very opening sentence. The lively conversations give the novel a more visual appearance to the fast-paced narrative.

The title correctly describes the plot. The book shows a funny viewpoint on weddings & dating in India. It uses creative writing in building an engaging set of characters & a storyline. Though this book befits the chick-lit style, somehow, it doesn't do full justice to it. I would suggest the work to anyone who likes reading light romance stories. It's a great effort from the author for her debut novel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathtaking by Courtney Turcotte Bond - Book Review

Thunder On The Moor (#1) by Andrea Matthews - Love Book Tours - Book Review

Before He Kills (A Mackenzie White Mystery - Book 1) - Book Review